21/8 all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt,3 Eggs,1 cup milk,1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar, /8 cups all-purpose flour
2 12 cups white sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, add all ingredients to list
METHODS OF SIX SEASONS HOTELS BLACK FOREST CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour two 9 inch, round, cake pan; cover bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. add egg, milk, oil and 1 tbsp vanilla; beat until well blended. pour batter into prepared pans.
- Back for 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers come out clean. Col layers in pans on wire rakes 10 minutes. loosen edges, and remove to racks to cool completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving half cup juice, Combine reserved juice, cherries, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan. cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla. Cool before using.
- Combine whipping cream and confectioners sugar in a chilled medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- with long serrated knife, split each cake layer horizontally in half. Tear one split layer into crumbs off top and side of each cake plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with third cake layer; repeat layers of frosting into pastry bag fitted with star decorator tip. Pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. spoon remaining cherry topping onto top of cake.