- Onion local-5 k
- Cashew-nut pest- 100 gm
- Ghee-300 gm Milk vita brand
- Mawa -100 gm ( should be homemade)
- Allo Bukhara- 100 gm ( Radish color and fresh)
- Salt- As required
- Sugar-150 gm
- Red chili powder-30 gm
- Ginger Paste-100 gm
- Garlic paste-50 gm
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Rup chanda oil-300 gm
- Potato-4 kg (One potato cut in to four pieces)
- Green chili-100 gm
- Sour yogurt-150 gm
- Powder milk -100 gm
- Shahi jera-20 gm
- Nutmeg ( Jaiphal) – a piece
- Mace (Javitri) – 15 gm
- Green Cardamom – 15-20 nos,
- Cinnamon – 30gm sticks,
- Kewra essence(screwpine)- 3 tsp
- Basmati Rice or Old chinigura -4kg
- Mutton back leg and shoulder pieces – 8 kg (good quality and fresh)
- Local small Brown onion slices (for this just slice up two big onions and fry till golden brown in refined oil or ghee) Also ensure that you keep the leftover oil or ghee.
- Salt – for marinating the mutton and while boiling the rice.
- Atta dough – a small ball of dough made of wheat required for sealing the handi/pan in which the biryani will be cooked.
METHODS OF SIX SEASONS HOTELS DUM KACCHI BIRYANI:
1. Dry roast all the ingredients listed under ‘Biryani Masala’ and grind into a fine powder.
Please be careful not to burn the spices. This ‘is ‘the most important ingredients of the biryani.
2. Wash and clean the mutton. Marinate with salt and keep aside for half an hour.
After half and hour wash the mutton once more and keep. Now add the yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, brown onion fry and the masala. Mix it very well and gently too.
3. Cover this mixture with a cling film and let it marinate around 2 hours.
Take good quality basmati rice or Chinigura Wash it under running water, drain and keep aside.
In a big saucepan add water. Once the water starts to boil add salt and few whole cardamom and cinnamon, sickbay leaves and shahijera.
Next add the rice and let it boil till the rice is almost half done.
Strain the rice and spread it out on a flat surface.
4. Take a handi or a saucepan (make sure it has a proper lid) and brush it with a little ghee.
We will make the first layer with rice and then the mutton.
First rice, then the marinated mutton and fried potatoes, then rice and then mutton again. Finally top it up with the remaining rice. Sprinkle the remaining brown onion slices, grated mawa, roasted cumin powder, powder milk, whole green chili saffron, ghee and the kewra essence on top. Close the lid tightly of the handi and seal it with the dough for an hour ( 20 minutes