- 100 gm Beef tenderloin 1/2-inches thick
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 ¼ teaspoons red curry paste or chili-garlic sauce
- ½ head red-leaf lettuce, torn (about 6 pieces)
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup), divided, for garnish
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup basil leaves,
- Sliced cucumber into ribbons
METHOD OF SIX SEASONS HOTELS THAI GRILL BEEF SALAD:
- Rinse and pat the meat dry. Place in a salable plastic bag or small glass dish. In a medium bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, soy sauce,canola oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red curry paste. Pour half the mixture into the bag with the meat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice to the bag. Seal tightly, and marinate meat in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Reserve the rest of the mixture refrigerated, to dress the salad.
- Spray grill cooking oil and preheat. Grill steak until medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side, depending on desired done ness. Let rest until room temperature then slice thinly against the grain.
- Combine lettuce, sliced shallot, cilantro, basil and beef in a salad bowl, reserving a few shallots for garnish. Add the dressing and toss to coat.